Personal and Business Coaching
Greetings! My name is David Ambrose. I am a coach, an author, and a speaker. My mission in life is to promote the achievement of genuine happiness as widely as possible; and to assist as many people as possible to gain their full potential; thus becoming happier. The most powerful way to accomplish this, is by utilizing the focused, ongoing, one-on-one process of coaching.
It has been said that it is not possible to adequately describe what coaching actually is. They say the best way to find out, is to experience it. This is because it is different for everyone. Just as you are a unique, human being, so are your needs, dreams and desires. Coaching acknowledges this, and each coaching session is as unique as you are – because you matter. It is an equal partnership with the sole objective of tapping into your innate resourcefulness to attain your goal.
So if it is not easy to explain, how will you know if it is for you?
Easy…If you have reached the point where you know something has to change in order to improve your lot, and if you are serious about moving toward a better future, I would love to chat with you about it. We will discuss coaching as it pertains to you and your circumstances, and you will get a feel for what is possible. Contact David to set up an appointment. It doesn’t matter where you live.
After that, you decide whether it seems like a good fit for you. If you see benefit, we proceed.
There will be no long term contracts, and you can stop anytime you wish. I will refund you for any session from which you feel you did not receive value.
Typical Benefits Resulting From Coaching
Finding something tangible to grab hold of when it comes to the benefits expected or experienced through the coaching process quite difficult. This is because each client arrives with unique problems waiting a solution, and unique expectations of what the end result should look and feel like.
To obtain a snapshot of what was being experienced in real life, the International Coach Federation conducted a survey some years ago to determine the experiences of people who have worked with coaches. The statistics shown in the box below are taken from these results.
International Coach Federation
The results of this survey, compiled by an independent consultant provide interesting statistics, and also give a good overview of the areas where coaching has proved to be beneficial:
- Most coaching sessions (94%) are conducted over the telephone, as opposed to email or in-person.
- Coaching clients ranged in age from 24 to 67 years old.
- The majority (82%) had undergraduate degrees.
- Most clients had worked with their coach for between 6 and 8 months. The longest relationship included in this survey had been running for 6 years.
- 94% of coaching clients believe coaching is here to stay.
- A significant majority (98.5%) of coaching clients said their investment in a coach was well worth the money.
The Role of the Coach:
By far, most coaching clients pay their coach to be a sounding board – to really listen to them and give honest feedback. Clients, who could select as many choices as were applicable, characterized the role of their coach as the following:
- Sounding board: 84.8%
- Motivator: 78.1%
- Friend: 56.7%
- Mentor: 50.5%
- Business consultant: 46.7%
- Teacher: 41.0%
- Taskmaster: 30.5%
- Spiritual guide: 29.5%
- Other: 13.3%
Most clients turn to their coach for help on time management as well as career guidance and business advice. To a lesser but still significant extent, they seek coaching on relationships, family, wellness and spirituality. Clients, who could select as many choices as were applicable, said they work with their coach on the following issues:
- Time management: 80.5%
- Career: 74.3%
- Business: 73.8%
- Relationships/Family: 58.6%
- Physical/Wellness: 51.9%
- Spiritual: 51.0%
- Personal: 45.2%
- Goal-setting: 39.5%
- Financial: 38.1%
- Creativity: 11.0%
- Other: 01.4%
Results of Working with a Coach:
The outcomes that clients most often attribute to their coaching are a higher level of self-awareness and self-confidence, a more balanced life, smarter goal-setting and lower stress levels. Clients reported experiencing the following outcomes as a result of working with a coach:
- Self-awareness: 67.6%
- Setting better goals: 62.4%
- More balanced life: 60.5%
- Lower stress levels: 57.1%
- Self-discovery: 52.9%
- Self-confidence: 52.4%
- Improvement in quality of life: 43.3%
- Enhanced communication skills: 39.5%
- Project completion: 35.7%
- Health or fitness improvement: 33.8%
- Better relationship w/ boss, co-workers: 33.3%
- Better family relationship(s): 33.3%
- Increased energy: 31.9%
- More fun: 31.9%
- More income: 25.7%
- Stopped a bad habit: 25.7%
- Change in career: 24.3%
- More free time: 22.9%
- Increased profitability of business: 17.1%
- Other: 15.3%
- Started new business: 12.9%
- Empowered employees: 11.0%
- Business turn around: 09.0%
- Change in residential location: 05.7%